MacBook Air 13 (Late 2010) Battery Replacement
Remove the 10 screws as shown in the image.
- 2 x 9mm screws
- 8 x 2.6mm screws
Slightly lift up lower the case and push it towards the rear of the laptop to free the mounting tabs
Grab the clear plastic pull tab attached to the battery connector and pull it towards the front of the edge to disconnect the battery
Remove the following screws securing the battery of thelaptop
- 3 x 6.3mm T5 torx screw
- 2 x 2.4mm T5 torx screw
Lift the battery from its edges nearest to the logic board and remove it from the upper case
Replace with the new battery
If there is a thin plastic film on your new battery, do not remove it.
Screw the battery back in place
Secure back the clear plastic pull tab
Place the lower case back onto the laptop
Screw back the 10 screws to secure the lower case
If you’re replacing with a new battery, you should calibrate after installation:
1. Charge it to 100% and then charge it for another 2 hours
2. Unplug it and then use it normally to drain the battery
3. When you see the low battery warning, save any work done and keep your laptop on until it goes to sleep due to low battery
4. Wait for another 5 hours, then charge your laptop again uninterrupted to 100%
5. If you notice any issues after installing, you may need to reset your Macbook’s SMC
1. Shut down your Mac.
2. On your built-in keyboard, press and hold all of the following keys. Your Mac might turn on.
- Control (⌃) on the left side of your keyboard
- Option (⌥) on the left side of your keyboard
- Shift (⇧) on the right side of your keyboard
3. Keep holding all three keys for 7 seconds, then press and hold the power button as well. If your Mac is on, it will turn off as you hold the keys.
4. Keep holding all four keys for another 7 seconds, then release them.
5. Wait a few seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.
1. Charge your Macbook to 100%
2. Unplug your Macbook and use it normally to drain the battery.
3. Save your work when you see the low battery warning.
4. Keep your Macbook on until it goes to sleep due to a low battery.
5. Charge your laptop uninterrupted to 100%.